Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Here Comes Another One!



I love conversation hearts. Not at all for the reason you think either.

I mean Valentine’s Day is sweet, lovey, pink, and flowers and happy and I’m all for that and think it’s great! BUT! February is my birthday month! Yay!

February 18th....so....Valentine’s Day is sort of the kick off for my birthday week. Yes, week. It actually has a name too. AshleyGras (you know, since it falls around MardiGras). I didn't name it... I've just made such a big damn deal about it for so long someone finally thought it deserved a name.

When I start to see those little packages of conversation hearts pop up in sweet pink and red displays around town I get all giggly and excited! Ya’ll, I’m about to be 32 years old and I’m still not over it.

I don't think I ever will get over it either. Not that I should. I think we should all be excited about getting older. God gave us another year to be a part of this wonderful world and we should CELEBRATE it!

Another year for more accomplishments, bust your gut laughs, trips to the park with your kids, one more year to explore your heritage, road trips with friends, knock-down-drag-outs with your siblings, etc. You see where I'm going. It annoys me for people to act sheepish about acknowledging their birthdays. It's your day (week)!!! Slap a smile on your face and don't act like a jackass when someone tells you Happy Birthday!

And ANOTHER thing...call your Mama on your birthday! Don't wait for her to call you. She's the reason you are here.

(Little side note to my Mama: I love you and THANK YOU for being you. I'm your biggest fan and you give me someone to look up to. You make me strive each day to be better than I was the day before because you remind me that I too have a little girl looking up to me. You are the best mom in the world. totally besides me, of course.)

Now, for the love of bathing suit season, someone please take that jar of conversation hearts off my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment