Sunday, January 18, 2009

X Marks The Spot

Today, my very good friend and her family were baptized. It was such a sweet moment to be a part of and I'm thrilled I was there to watch (and maybe shed a tear or two that won an eye-roll from Rachel. Whatever. I'm sappy. Deal with it.)

In preparation for the big event I took EJ with me to buy a present for Boden and a gift for his parents, Rachel and Brian.

After much deliberation we settled on this for them
and a toddler bible for Boden.

EJ spent the remainder of Saturday smitten with the glittery cross. Holding it up to the sunlight in the kitchen with remarks such as "look how beautiful, Mama!" "is this for Aunt Rachel?" "she will LOVE it" " I love it" "I wish I had a sparkly thing like this".

"Eva, you do. Everysinglethinginyourroom glitters with princess/tinkerbell/barbie luminescense. You have sparkly stuff. That one is for Aunt Rachel."

After the service today Rachel and Brian were called to the front of the sanctuary to meet the congregation and I headed back to the children's wing to fetch EJ and Boden.

Upon re-entering the sanctuary with both children in tow, MY child headed STRAIGHT for Rachel (where she stood talking quietly with our Pastor) and planted herself squarely in front of Rach and said in the loudest most inappropriate church voice i've ever witnessed:

"AUNT RACHEL!!!! WE GOT AN 'X' FOR YOU!!!!"

1 comment: